Midwinter Meandering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Seri
Seri
Meandering

Movies you like thanks to an odd association Empty Movies you like thanks to an odd association

Wed May 20, 2020 11:20 pm
I was thinking a few nights back how I genuinely like The Running Man, but there's also a huge bit of nostalgia attached to it thanks to my first viewing. My roommates were having guests over and staying up all night, meaning there was no way I was able to sleep through all the noise. Around 3 or 4 in the morning it comes on some random movie channel, and I watch it. By the time it was over everyone was leaving, and I got to have an awesome movie to watch in the process, so I'll always remember that time while watching.
LakeElysia
LakeElysia
Setting Out

Movies you like thanks to an odd association Empty Re: Movies you like thanks to an odd association

Wed May 20, 2020 11:25 pm
I watched Falling Down (with Michael Douglas) around last week with some friends. It was pretty good already, but the banter we threw at it throughout made it so much more enjoyable.
Ohmygodiamonfire
Ohmygodiamonfire
Traveler

Movies you like thanks to an odd association Empty Re: Movies you like thanks to an odd association

Sat May 23, 2020 7:04 pm
Not exactly that, but no matter what happens with the franchise Star Wars will always have a place in my heart thanks to it being one of the first pieces of media I remember my mom showing me when I was young.
EvieSigma
EvieSigma
Meandering

Sat May 23, 2020 7:07 pm
I ended up liking GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra a lot more than I probably should have solely because I saw it as part of a school trip (to reward us for good test scores or something) and seeing a movie in a theater with a big group of people is something that just doesn't happen in my life.
Seri
Seri
Meandering

Sat May 23, 2020 10:24 pm
EvieSigma wrote:seeing a movie in a theater with a big group of people is something that just doesn't happen in my life.
That's a shame because some of my best movie experiences were in a theater full of people loving the movie.

Alternatively, the time I saw Expendables 2 and the only other people were 3 old men, or the time I was literally the only person in the theater during Machete Kills were also unique experiences!

Speaking of Expendables 2, because of the age of the audience, when they pulled a Chuck Norris joke, everyone else just seemed confused!
DaLadybugMan
DaLadybugMan
Admin
https://midwintermeandering.forumotion.com

Sat May 23, 2020 10:34 pm
Speaking of theaters, while I probably would've loved Promare regardless, it holds an extra special place in my heart for being the best damn theater experience I've ever had. The whole crowd was really into it, and the girl beside me was obviously a huge Trigger fan and got super stoked about all the little Triggerisms they threw in.

Another film I had a particularly notable experience with that made it enjoyable was Spy Kids, because it was a groupwatch (which Spy Kids is already a bizarrely great movie for) where the subtitle track we happened to use was...a particularly strange reverse translation, which included things like "never send an adult to do a kid's job" subtitled as "adults cannot do child labor."

And of course, there's Paul Blart Mall Cop 2, which I never would have watched without the podcast "Til Death Do Us Blart," and never would have enjoyed had people not been watching it with me.
Ohmygodiamonfire
Ohmygodiamonfire
Traveler

Sat May 23, 2020 11:52 pm
DaLadybugMan wrote:And of course, there's Paul Blart Mall Cop 2, which I never would have watched without the podcast "Til Death Do Us Blart," and never would have enjoyed had people not been watching it with me.

Not gonna lie, Blart Side of the Moon was possibly one of the most magical experiences I've had watching a movie with a group of people.
SpicyTomato
SpicyTomato
Setting Out

Mon May 25, 2020 6:27 am
Bulletproof Monk, I used to watch it every time this one friend slept over because it was the only movie I owned. I never did find a pack of hotdogs that comes in a pack of 10.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum