Midwinter Meandering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Shop of Horrors

+5
Animecommentary
sky_and_sea
Ohmygodiamonfire
Seri
LakeElysia
9 posters
Go down
LakeElysia
LakeElysia
Setting Out

Little Shop of Horrors Empty Little Shop of Horrors

Thu May 21, 2020 1:02 am
Let's get some horror flicks up in this. What's some truly unsettling, disturbing and horrifying film goodness you've seen? H*ck (my mom won't let me say the h-word) it doesn't even have to explicitly be horror as long as it's deeply disturbing or scary for you.
Seri
Seri
Meandering

Little Shop of Horrors Empty Re: Little Shop of Horrors

Thu May 21, 2020 1:06 am
I'm mainly a fan of older stuff (80s especially), but I have to give a shoutout to It Follows for having a scene midway through that spooked me real good!

It got a bit overhyped for a while there (and thus couldn't live up to that rep), but I'd say for anyone who's not seen it give it a shot.
Ohmygodiamonfire
Ohmygodiamonfire
Traveler

Thu May 21, 2020 1:37 am
Sadly I'm one of the ones where the overhyped nature of it kind of spoiled the film for me.
sky_and_sea
sky_and_sea
Setting Out

Thu May 21, 2020 2:07 am
Not a horror film proper, Marble Hornets is a web original found footage series that managed to make me lose a few nights of sleep awhile back.
The acting is generally stiff and the plot is a threadbare one that overstays its welcome, but MB has its
moments of unsettling atmosphere and disturbing footage. The main problem is that you have to sift through the acting or like 10 minutes
of meandering through a forest to get to the good stuff.

As for actual horror films, for me those would be Alien, Blair Witch Project, and probably a few others I'm forgetting.
Horror is a genre that I'd like to return to at some point, but it's hard or simply inconvenient to get into at times.
Animecommentary
Animecommentary
Setting Out

Thu May 21, 2020 9:44 am
One horror film I saw a few months ago is They Live; it was rather fun and campy! Yeah, it's probably not the greatest horror film ever made, but I still enjoyed it.
DaLadybugMan
DaLadybugMan
Admin
https://midwintermeandering.forumotion.com

Thu May 21, 2020 7:47 pm
sky_and_sea wrote:Not a horror film proper, Marble Hornets is a web original found footage series that managed to make me lose a few nights of sleep awhile back.
The acting is generally stiff and the plot is a threadbare one that overstays its welcome, but MB has its
moments of unsettling atmosphere and disturbing footage. The main problem is that you have to sift through the acting or like 10 minutes
of meandering through a forest to get to the good stuff.

Little Shop of Horrors Aabe4e10

I've unfortunately not seen much horror outside of stuff related to the Slender Man, and most of what I have seen is horror comedy. Or psychological horror. So I guess Perfect Blue counts since it's psychological horror. Man, do I love that movie. So good.

I also watched the original Wicker Man recently, and while I didn't find it particularly scary (possibly because I'd listened through a film that'd spoiled the whole thing for me), I did find it to be incredibly interesting. Definite recommend.
Animecommentary
Animecommentary
Setting Out

Thu May 21, 2020 9:10 pm
Marble Hornets reminds me that there's another online horror anthology that I've seen called Local58; it revolves around the idea of the moon possibly being a living entity. Only a few videos have been made thus far, but it's a cool series.
Pear
Pear
Setting Out

Thu May 21, 2020 9:17 pm
Animecommentary wrote:Marble Hornets reminds me that there's another online horror anthology that I've seen called Local58; it revolves around the idea of the moon possibly being a living entity. Only a few videos have been made thus far, but it's a cool series.

Local58 is so creepy. The cartoon video hits a different level of uncanniness for me.
Seri
Seri
Meandering

Thu May 21, 2020 10:29 pm
The skeleton boy, or have they had a new one? I think I'm a video behind, but really love their stuff. The GPS and emergency TV messages are my favorite.
Ohmygodiamonfire
Ohmygodiamonfire
Traveler

Fri May 22, 2020 2:31 am
Animecommentary wrote:Marble Hornets reminds me that there's another online horror anthology that I've seen called Local58; it revolves around the idea of the moon possibly being a living entity. Only a few videos have been made thus far, but it's a cool series.
Local58 fuckin rules.

Their "Contingency" video is so good. The moment when the twist is finally is finally revealed is just, like, fucking amazing and sent chills down my spine.
LakeElysia
LakeElysia
Setting Out

Fri May 22, 2020 2:37 am
Ohmygodiamonfire wrote:
Local58 fuckin rules.

Their "Contingency" video is so good. The moment when the twist is finally is finally revealed is just, like, fucking amazing and sent chills down my spine.

THE 51ST STATE IS NOT A PLACE
Ohmygodiamonfire
Ohmygodiamonfire
Traveler

Fri May 22, 2020 3:16 am
LakeElysia wrote:
Ohmygodiamonfire wrote:
Local58 fuckin rules.

INFANTS AND PETS: THE SMALLEST PATRIOTS
LakeElysia
LakeElysia
Setting Out

Tue May 26, 2020 10:37 pm
Ohmygodiamonfire wrote:
LakeElysia wrote:
Ohmygodiamonfire wrote:
Local58 fuckin rules.

INFANTS AND PETS: THE SMALLEST PATRIOTS
The part about "tending to your children first" is just devastating. Worst part about the whole thing is how plausible it is.
sky_and_sea
sky_and_sea
Setting Out

Tue May 26, 2020 10:42 pm
LakeElysia wrote:
The part about "tending to your children first" is just devastating. Worst part about the whole thing is how plausible it is.

That really bothered me too, given that it takes place during the late cold war era. But that's what makes it such effective psychological horror.
The best jokes or other interesting hypotheticals often contain a seed of truth.
JanieCox
JanieCox
Meandering
https://janiecox.wixsite.com/janiecox

Wed May 27, 2020 2:42 am
Not gonna lie, thought this was a thread dedicated to little shop of horrors the musical
whoops

Anyways, I'm a fan of psychological horror like Shutter Island and the Shining. My favorite horror film by far, though, is The Hand That Rocks The Cradle. I think the ending is terrible and undercuts everything leading up to it
Spoiler:
, but it does such a good job of leading me forward to where I always realize something important a minute or so before it becomes relevant
Seri
Seri
Meandering

Wed May 27, 2020 4:21 am
That's a movie I've not heard of in a long time! Mildly tempted to check it out just because.
EvieSigma
EvieSigma
Meandering

Wed May 27, 2020 9:49 am
Weirdly that movie is a favorite of my mom's. I only like it for the ending though.
Seri
Seri
Meandering

Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:30 am
Not even the biggest fan of the movie but here I am finding myself watching Children of the Corn again. I really should get around to the sequels some day!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum