Midwinter Meandering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Albums?

+3
Animecommentary
Ohmygodiamonfire
DaLadybugMan
7 posters
Go down
DaLadybugMan
DaLadybugMan
Admin
https://midwintermeandering.forumotion.com

Favorite Albums? Empty Favorite Albums?

Thu May 21, 2020 7:36 pm
I'm trying to get into properly listening to albums, so I figured I'd make a place for all the music geeks out there to discuss their favorites while stealthily gathering recommendations for myself in the background.

Anyway, while I haven't listened to a whole lot, "Jagged Little Pill" by Alanis Morissette and "Life in Cartoon Motion" are currently my clear top two. Good range of songs on both albums, and there's only one, maybe two songs on each that don't quite hit for me.
Ohmygodiamonfire
Ohmygodiamonfire
Traveler

Favorite Albums? Empty Re: Favorite Albums?

Thu May 21, 2020 7:51 pm
I'm not super great when it comes to discussing music, but Failure's Fantastic Planet is straight up one of the best alt-rock albums to come out of the 90's. Especially if you're into music that sounds "Spacey" for lack of a better time.
Animecommentary
Animecommentary
Setting Out

Thu May 21, 2020 9:16 pm
Not sure what my favorite albums would be; I would include stuff like Art Blakey's Moanin' and John Coltrane's The Far East Suite among the list of favorites, since I'm a jazz buff.
LakeElysia
LakeElysia
Setting Out

Thu May 21, 2020 9:23 pm
Favorite album....

Quite a difficult question to answer, but I've been really vibing with Charli XCX's new album "how I'm feeling now"—it's super duper aggressive and wonderful!
dorothyoka
dorothyoka
Admin

Fri May 22, 2020 1:14 am
My favorite of all time for a pretty good time now has been Stories That Last Thorough The Sleepless Nights by Foreground Eclipse. It was their last album before they broke up in in 2013 and it's a really good mix of the various genres they explored throughout their other albums and ends on a really great farewell song (not counting the bonus track). Ponko2 Girlish by t+pazolite has also solidified it's place as my favourite electronic album since it came out because of the incredibly solid track lineup across two discs despite usually preferring higher BPM tracks.

Honorable mentions to Millenium Mother by Mili, Algorithm by UtsuP (my favourite Vocaloid album), Candy Speed Pops by Kobaryo, x Infinity by Watsky, and Hellbound by Fit For An Autopsy since I could probably write several paragraphs about all of them as well.
Wahmphi
Wahmphi
Meandering

Fri May 22, 2020 7:15 am
Visiter by Dodos (yes its spelled like that) is my alltime favorite. Melancholy pop-folk with relentless percussion and bluesy overtones.

Also really love Skelethon by Aesop Rock. He has this dense, referential style of rapping that frequently touches on the morbid, and that album and 2016's The Impossible Kid are his peaks of both production and emotion as far as I'm concerned.

I'm also big on grunge, can vouch for Fantastic Planet like Fire did, as well as a whole host of others; Pearl Jam's Vitalogy, Alice in Chains' Dirt, Nirvana's In Utero, Screaming Trees' Dust, Daisy Chainsaw's Eleventeen... there's more but I'll stop there.
Animecommentary
Animecommentary
Setting Out

Fri May 22, 2020 4:12 pm
I have an occasional music stream, speaking of music; I usually just play whatever. lol Most of the time, it's classic rock and jazz, since I'm not that familiar with the past ten years or so.
JanieCox
JanieCox
Meandering
https://janiecox.wixsite.com/janiecox

Sun May 24, 2020 12:17 am
I used to know off the top of my head. Impossible Kid by Aesop Rock is phenomenal and Metallica's Black Album has lots of cool quirks I really enjoy
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum