Midwinter Meandering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
DaLadybugMan
DaLadybugMan
Admin
https://midwintermeandering.forumotion.com

Updates and Planned Changes Empty Updates and Planned Changes

Sat May 30, 2020 3:01 pm
Just a little thread to note the updates and changes I make to the forum, as well as what's on my to-do list.

Updates 5/30/20:
Added Ranks
Spoiler:

Word filters
Spoiler:

Added users online in past 24 hours to the footer

Subforums will now show up as links under the forum they are part of, rather than displaying as their own forum.

Switched the order of "Chatter" and "Special Interest" categories.

Priority List

In no particular order, but roughly by a combination of how easy it should be to do and how important it is.

1. Switch profiles to display on the left of posts rather than the right.
2. Show newest registered user in the footer.
3. See if I can change gender options to a non-binary system.
4. See if I can add restrictions to forums based on age and/or post count.
5. Add/change images so we're not using stock.
6. Try to make improvements to mobile version.
7. See if there's any way to have multiple skin options.
8. Shorten the requirements for thread title length.
9. Add optional thread descriptions.

Feel free to talk about why my priorities are skewed or why changes made are Bad, Actually and I will of course take the feedback into consideration.

Last edited by DaLadybugMan on Sun May 31, 2020 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Ohmygodiamonfire
Ohmygodiamonfire
Traveler

Updates and Planned Changes Empty Re: Updates and Planned Changes

Sun May 31, 2020 6:47 am
Seri actually brought up a point in general chat about the profile display being better on the right than the left that I'd like to highlight. Honestly hadn't considered it, and it shouldn't apply to here hopefully, but figured it be something to note:
Seri wrote:It took me until today to notice that this forum is odd to me in the fact that the avatars are on the right side instead of the left!

In a way, I almost feel like that would have helped so many forums I was a part of, since you would have at least started reading the post before seeing the avatar and making up your mind based on that!

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum