Midwinter Meandering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Ohmygodiamonfire
Ohmygodiamonfire
Traveler

General Video Games news thread Empty General Video Games news thread

Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:19 pm
Figured we could use one of these. Especially since the PS5 reveal happened today.

Honestly, I don't have a whole lot of strong feelings about most of what they showed off, but Demon's Souls has me conflicted. While I'm glad that game's getting a second life, it looks like Bluepoint sucked out all of the grimey atmosphere that defined that game's look for me and I'm not happy about it.
barbaricyawp
barbaricyawp
Setting Out

General Video Games news thread Empty Re: General Video Games news thread

Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:28 pm
I'm excited to hear about Persona 4 coming to PC, as it means I can finally play that game without obtaining a defunct console or futzing about with emulators.
Ohmygodiamonfire
Ohmygodiamonfire
Traveler

Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:30 pm
barbaricyawp wrote:I'm excited to hear about Persona 4 coming to PC, as it means I can finally play that game without obtaining a defunct console or futzing about with emulators.
When it comes to Persona 4 probably gonna have more trouble locating a copy of the game to play on than getting a PS2 to work, honestly. That game is pretty rare these days last I checked.
DaLadybugMan
DaLadybugMan
Admin
https://midwintermeandering.forumotion.com

Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:24 pm
My biggest obstacle with P4 has largely been that I want to play Golden, which is only available on the (lol) Vita (lol).

Interestingly enough, I'm currently playing Persona 5 Royal. Or maybe I already said that. If I did, I'm too lazy to check. Anyway, I'm a little past the 4th Palace, i.e. the one that introduces Best Girl Futaba.
Ohmygodiamonfire
Ohmygodiamonfire
Traveler

Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:19 pm
DaLadybugMan wrote:My biggest obstacle with P4 has largely been that I want to play Golden, which is only available on the (lol) Vita (lol).

Interestingly enough, I'm currently playing Persona 5 Royal. Or maybe I already said that. If I did, I'm too lazy to check. Anyway, I'm a little past the 4th Palace, i.e. the one that introduces Best Girl Futaba.

Well, if the Steam rumors are right, it's gonna be Golden that's being put up.

And of course Futaba would be you favorite girl, huh?
Seri
Seri
Meandering

Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:09 am
I remember Persona 4 was a game I wanted to get, but everyone told me to start with 3. So I figured by that logic I might as well just start with the original. And than I realized I don't feel like playing through three 60 hour games just to play the one I wanted to in the first place and never bothered.

Been a long time since I actually finished an RPG. Started Tales of Berseria, but didn't get past the in prologue before doing other things. Only ones I finished were the last 2 Pokemon gens, and that's because they had rather short 25 hour story modes.

Edit: Come to think of it, I'm long since spoiled on Persona 4 (who isn't by now), but not so much on 5. Maybe some day!
Ohmygodiamonfire
Ohmygodiamonfire
Traveler

Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:33 pm
I'll be honest, I don't think I could do 60 hour JRPGs any more. Just don't think my mindset is there anymore for something like that.
DaLadybugMan
DaLadybugMan
Admin
https://midwintermeandering.forumotion.com

Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:39 pm
Ohmygodiamonfire wrote:
And of course Futaba would be you favorite girl, huh?

It is nothing if not On Brand.

Seri wrote:Edit: Come to think of it, I'm long since spoiled on Persona 4 (who isn't by now), but not so much on 5. Maybe some day!

Honestly I've outright watched the anime but I've retained so little of it that I'm practically unspoiled. I think that I remember that
endgame spoiler (maybe):
but I could just as easily be wrong.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum