Midwinter Meandering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
DaLadybugMan
DaLadybugMan
Admin
https://midwintermeandering.forumotion.com

Brandon Sanderson Empty Brandon Sanderson

Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:29 pm
As this year's theme for the forum is fantasy (please ignore the fact that the theme is actually from 2021), and that it is also the Year of Sanderson, I figured I'd start a thread on perhaps the most notable active fantasy writer and all his works.

Sanderson's strongest appeal is almost definitely his worldbuilding. In a landscape where fantasy worlds are often just medieval Europe analogues, many obviously inspired by Middle Earth, his worlds stand out as being unique for fantasy settings. His series almost always have complex, rules-heavy magic systems, many of which are governed by overarching magic systems of a shared universe. He's also quite prolific, usually putting out at least one novel or novella per year, and he just released his third of four novels this year, which he wrote in secret during the pandemic in addition to keeping to his usual writing schedule. So suck on that, Martin and Rothfus.

Anyway, because of that I've been reading quite a bit of Brandon Sanderson this year. One series I'm working on is Starsight, which I think is the first of his works outside the Cosmere I've read. It's basically just Brandon Sanderson does Gurren Lagann. Like seriously, it's crazy how similar the premise is to Gurren Lagann.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum