Midwinter Meandering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
JanieCox
JanieCox
Meandering
https://janiecox.wixsite.com/janiecox

Fighting Games Empty Fighting Games

Sun May 24, 2020 1:58 am
Been trying to get back into BBTag and BBCF just got them recently but you know how it is and wanna discuss them, so I thought "Hey, why not make a Fighting Game General thread"?

To kick things off, let's start with a question. What fighting games do you play, and who do you play in them?
As stated before, I play BBTAG, Naoto Shirogane and Tager, BBCF, Terumi, and I also play Smash Bros Ultimate maining Incineroar. Oh yes, and of course who could forget Gardevoir from Pokken Tournament DX.
Seri
Seri
Meandering

Fighting Games Empty Re: Fighting Games

Sun May 24, 2020 2:58 am
As of right now for "current" stuff there's Killer Instinct (Riptor) and finally got around to Melty Blood (leaning towards one of the Lens, they fit my playstyle best).
Jadelynn
Jadelynn
Setting Out
http://hotdnd.cfw.me/

Sun May 24, 2020 4:26 am
The only fighting game I "have" is Brawlhalla, a f2p Smash Bros.-like on steam. That said, if I get the chance, I'd like to get back into Soul Calibur, as I used to be pretty great at that (specifically 3 and 4). Anyone here I might be able to play SC with once I have access to it?
Ohmygodiamonfire
Ohmygodiamonfire
Traveler

Sun May 24, 2020 7:12 am
The two fighting games I've played the most are Killer Instinct with my mains being Jago and The Arbiter, and Skullgirls with my mains being Peacock and Cerebellum.

Needless to say, with those being two featured games for Evo this year, I'm VERY excited. Especially if I take the time to brush up and try and participate in the KI open online tournament.
Wahmphi
Wahmphi
Meandering

Sun May 24, 2020 7:49 am
I dabble in a lot of fighters. Lately its been Melty Blood (F-Aoko, F-Powerd Ciel) and Under Night In-Birth (Akatsuki). Also enjoy Killer Instinct (Thunder, Hisako), King of Fighters (Clark, King), and Skullgirls (Cerebella). Used to play a whole lot of Project M circa 2013-15 or so (Dorf, Wario), but I don't play much Smash at all these days, mainly because I find it irritating how impossible it is to find locals for any other game besides it. GG is awesome aesthetically but far too brainy for me, similar problem with BB.

Generally gravitate towards grapplers and zoning shotos.
EvieSigma
EvieSigma
Meandering

Sun May 24, 2020 10:03 am
Fighting games are really cool but I don't play them because every time I try to I just get bodied by NPCs.
Ohmygodiamonfire
Ohmygodiamonfire
Traveler

Sun May 24, 2020 12:23 pm
EvieSigma wrote:Fighting games are really cool but I don't play them because every time I try to I just get bodied by NPCs.

That's why you gotta get sweaty and take your time to learn things in the lab!
EvieSigma
EvieSigma
Meandering

Sun May 24, 2020 12:33 pm
Ohmygodiamonfire wrote:
EvieSigma wrote:Fighting games are really cool but I don't play them because every time I try to I just get bodied by NPCs.

That's why you gotta get sweaty and take your time to learn things in the lab!

I can't even beat Scorpion in MK2 on the Genesis and he's your first opponent!
Seri
Seri
Meandering

Sun May 24, 2020 12:37 pm
To be fair, old MK games were complete BS in the difficulty area!
Wahmphi
Wahmphi
Meandering

Sun May 24, 2020 6:14 pm
Yeah, seriously, the classic Kombat games have AI that actively cheats and reads your inputs, and MK2 is particularly bad about it.
EvieSigma
EvieSigma
Meandering

Sun May 24, 2020 8:46 pm
Seri wrote:To be fair, old MK games were complete BS in the difficulty area!

Clearly! But it's one of the few old school fighters I have, I don't have any SNES fighting games and my only other Genesis fighting game is a copy of Eternal Champions that didn't work the last time I tried it.
Seri
Seri
Meandering

Sun May 24, 2020 9:29 pm
There's a franchise I wish Sega would revive! Doubt they'd have the stomach for it's brand of gore and dark humor though!

Thinking back to the hayday of fighting games for me, and really wishing I had something modern to play Darkstalkers 3 on. I've been tempted to pick up the PSP port since a local game shop has it, but they stretched the aspect ratio to have the game fit the screen, which I know will bug me. I'd also love to play some Marvel Vs Capcom 1 and 2 again more often. 3 is fun, but sure as a downgrade from 2's roster!
EvieSigma
EvieSigma
Meandering

Sun May 24, 2020 10:14 pm
Oh yeah, I have a pirated copy of MvC2 for Dreamcast but I don't think I have a copy of MvC1 at all sadly.
Seri
Seri
Meandering

Sun May 24, 2020 10:45 pm
I have the Playstation version, which has the obvious nerf to the character switching mechanic. Still got a TON of playtime with it though!
JanieCox
JanieCox
Meandering

Sun May 24, 2020 11:10 pm
EvieSigma wrote:Clearly! But it's one of the few old school fighters I have, I don't have any SNES fighting games and my only other Genesis fighting game is a copy of Eternal Champions that didn't work the last time I tried it.

I don't remember the name but I know there's this computer app that emulates games and lets you play online against other people. You can hook up a controller or play on keyboard for it, and it's free. Could go digging around if you're interested. Only ever used it for JoJo HftF, but it worked pretty fine for my crappy mac laptop
Wahmphi
Wahmphi
Meandering

Mon May 25, 2020 1:29 am
JanieCox wrote:
EvieSigma wrote:Clearly! But it's one of the few old school fighters I have, I don't have any SNES fighting games and my only other Genesis fighting game is a copy of Eternal Champions that didn't work the last time I tried it.

I don't remember the name but I know there's this computer app that emulates games and lets you play online against other people. You can hook up a controller or play on keyboard for it, and it's free. Could go digging around if you're interested. Only ever used it for JoJo HftF, but it worked pretty fine for my crappy mac laptop

If its Sega Genesis netplay, its probably Kaillera. A lot of other games, esp. old Street Fighters and SNK games are played via Fightcade. Like to do some Super Turbo every once and again myself.
JanieCox
JanieCox
Meandering

Mon May 25, 2020 2:24 am
Wahmphi wrote:
JanieCox wrote:

If its Sega Genesis netplay, its probably Kaillera. A lot of other games, esp. old Street Fighters and SNK games are played via Fightcade. Like to do some Super Turbo every once and again myself.

It was fightcade, yeah
JanieCox
JanieCox
Meandering

Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:47 pm
Under Night In-Birth 2 coming baybee

And Akatuski confirmed let's goooooooo
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum: