Midwinter Meandering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat

+12
JanieCox
Katsie
SpicyTomato
Jadelynn
Pear
DaLadybugMan
Wahmphi
LakeElysia
Animecommentary
Seri
EvieSigma
dorothyoka
16 posters
Go down
DaLadybugMan
DaLadybugMan
Admin
https://midwintermeandering.forumotion.com

General Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: General Chat

Sat May 23, 2020 2:03 pm
There is a way to fix it, and it SHOULD be fixed. May tweak some more in the future since currently it's black on dark grey, which isn't necessarily ideal either. But we'll see.

Think we're ready to open up more publicly yet?
Ohmygodiamonfire
Ohmygodiamonfire
Traveler

Sat May 23, 2020 2:14 pm
DaLadybugMan wrote:There is a way to fix it, and it SHOULD be fixed. May tweak some more in the future since currently it's black on dark grey, which isn't necessarily ideal either. But we'll see.

Think we're ready to open up more publicly yet?

Seems like it's fixed now? It's currently grey on white in the editor if that's what you're talking about.

I'm of half mind of opening up, cause we're pretty set up now, but I can't help but have a niggling feeling that there's some improvement we could be making that I can't pinpoint.
DaLadybugMan
DaLadybugMan
Admin

Sat May 23, 2020 2:18 pm
...Rules. I forgot about the rules. That's what I'm forgetting.

I'll need to write up official rules.
Wahmphi
Wahmphi
Meandering

Sat May 23, 2020 2:20 pm
DaLadybugMan wrote:...Rules. I forgot about the rules. That's what I'm forgetting.

That and setting up one or two people as moderators for the times you can't be online.

I think Yuki fits the role well but naturally that's also dependent on whether he wants to or not.
DaLadybugMan
DaLadybugMan
Admin

Sat May 23, 2020 2:36 pm
Wahmphi wrote:
DaLadybugMan wrote:...Rules. I forgot about the rules. That's what I'm forgetting.

That and setting up one or two people as moderators for the times you can't be online.

I think Yuki fits the role well but naturally that's also dependent on whether he wants to or not.

I'm probably not going to worry too much about this until things get bigger. Especially if multiple time zones get involved.

Though I am in agreement about Yuki as the main candidate, if he's interested. Especially since I know he has experience with site design. Though, I'm not going to force something on him if he sees it as an obligation.
Pear
Pear
Setting Out

Sun May 24, 2020 5:48 am
I've never been on forums but I've always romanticised them. I don't really get how to Post on Twitter, and Discord is way too fast for me to keep up. To me, it always felt like having a small group of anonymous but identifiable (the big reason why I dislike 4chan) urers to chat with would be the most fun. You see this kind of thing in a lot of media too, like Durarara. So far, it's definitely been living up to my expectations.

Last edited by Pear on Sun May 24, 2020 5:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : punctuation)
Jadelynn
Jadelynn
Setting Out
http://hotdnd.cfw.me/

Sun May 24, 2020 10:45 am
Durarara!!'s chat is more like Discord than a forum, imo, since it seemed to be a type of IM service.

On topic, I joined partially out of nostalgia (one of the first places I signed up for once I really got on the internet was the piggymoo forums, if anyone here is old school enough to recognize that name), and partially because I know the admin and I'm curious as to how this project will unfold.
Seri
Seri
Meandering

Sun May 24, 2020 9:30 pm
I had forgotten how nice it is to not have a character limit forcing me to condense my thoughts. Alternatively, I'm a rambler, so this may not be the best for other people at times!
Animecommentary
Animecommentary
Setting Out

Sun May 24, 2020 9:56 pm
Seri wrote:I had forgotten how nice it is to not have a character limit forcing me to condense my thoughts. Alternatively, I'm a rambler, so this may not be the best for other people at times!

Going from Twitter to this reminds me of how I adjusted to condensing everything to a character limit. lol It feels refreshing to have more space available for expressing onself.
SpicyTomato
SpicyTomato
Setting Out

Mon May 25, 2020 6:11 am
As somenyan raised by forums instead of their actual family, lets forget about twitter and nostalgia for a bit, hm? I'm down for having this experience again, but I don't really want to be incessantly reminded that we're being outliers. Okay?
dorothyoka
dorothyoka
Admin

Mon May 25, 2020 2:01 pm
Wahmphi wrote:I think Yuki fits the role well but naturally that's also dependent on whether he wants to or not.

DaLadybugMan wrote:Though I am in agreement about Yuki as the main candidate, if he's interested. Especially since I know he has experience with site design. Though, I'm not going to force something on him if he sees it as an obligation.

I would be honored! Honestly a little flattered by these comments lol.
LakeElysia
LakeElysia
Setting Out

Mon May 25, 2020 7:58 pm
I suppose it would be nice to have you as a moderator.
Katsie
Katsie
Meandering

Wed May 27, 2020 9:00 pm
So. What are we all up to this month, May, the fifth in the Year of Our Lord 2020? I've been tilling soil in the garden. Lots of gardening in general, actually. It's good stress relief and I like growing my own food. Smile

I also have a whole lot of entertainment to catch up on. I still haven't played Doom Eternal, for example.
EvieSigma
EvieSigma
Meandering

Wed May 27, 2020 9:46 pm
I got hacked and scammed on PayPal and I've spent the last three days working on rectifying that, so you know, things are great.
JanieCox
JanieCox
Meandering
https://janiecox.wixsite.com/janiecox

Wed May 27, 2020 10:02 pm
Katsie wrote:So. What are we all up to this month, May, the fifth in the Year of Our Lord 2020? I've been tilling soil in the garden. Lots of gardening in general, actually. It's good stress relief and I like growing my own food. Smile

I also have a whole lot of entertainment to catch up on. I still haven't played Doom Eternal, for example.

There's a pokemon league/tournament thing I'm a part of and I'm one of the top contenders to commentate next "season" we don't have visual streams yet and my gf is gonna be a gym leader so I'm just gonna give a play by play for everyone, thoug we are looking into a capture card so we can stream too!
Besides that finally started blogging so that's fun, will probably put it up here somewhere one I'm allowed to post external links
Katsie
Katsie
Meandering

Wed May 27, 2020 10:44 pm
JanieCox wrote:There's a pokemon league/tournament thing I'm a part of and I'm one of the top contenders to commentate next "season" we don't have visual streams yet and my gf is gonna be a gym leader so I'm just gonna give a play by play for everyone, thoug we are looking into a capture card so we can stream too!

That sounds so fun! I've always wanted to do commentary over, say, a Yu-Gi-Oh!/Duel Monsters match (that's what I grew up with). Commentating a Pokémon battle sounds fun as well!

Good luck getting the stream setup going. Video is always nice. Smile

I myself have done a few game streams. I like playing roleplaying, multiplayer, and story-driven games (VN style) like VA11HallA.
JanieCox
JanieCox
Meandering
https://janiecox.wixsite.com/janiecox

Wed May 27, 2020 10:48 pm
Katsie wrote:That sounds so fun! I've always wanted to do commentary over, say, a Yu-Gi-Oh!/Duel Monsters match (that's what I grew up with). Commentating a Pokémon battle sounds fun as well!

Good luck getting the stream setup going. Video is always nice. Smile

I myself have done a few game streams. I like playing roleplaying, multiplayer, and story-driven games (VN style) like VA11HallA.

Yeah! I'm not great right now tbh and forget names of abilities and such but it's been fun with what we've done so far~

I have attempted one stream in my life. It was minecraft and it nearly overheated my computer
Ohmygodiamonfire
Ohmygodiamonfire
Traveler

Wed May 27, 2020 10:48 pm
Katsie wrote:So. What are we all up to this month, May, the fifth in the Year of Our Lord 2020? I've been tilling soil in the garden. Lots of gardening in general, actually. It's good stress relief and I like growing my own food. Smile

Been mostly just slacking off on the internet and working a graveyard shift that gives me way too much free time.

Which I used to play video games and watch anime, I guess.
Katsie
Katsie
Meandering

Wed May 27, 2020 10:54 pm
JanieCox wrote:I have attempted one stream in my life. It was minecraft and it nearly overheated my computer

Punching trees really burns up the computer calories.

Ohmygodiamonfire wrote:Been mostly just slacking off on the internet and working a graveyard shift that gives me way too much free time.

Which I used to play video games and watch anime, I guess.

I am a night owl, and thus comfy working the witching hour. You've chosen a good way to fill the void of active working hours! I'm really behind on the modern releases of anime, but luckily I have a partner with a stockpile of Terabytes worth of anime. What a Face

I recently got to watch Chaos;head, which is relative in its canon universe to Steins;gate (one of my favorites). I had a good laugh and enjoyed it, though I still greatly prefer Steins;gate. Have you seen anything great lately?
DaLadybugMan
DaLadybugMan
Admin

Wed May 27, 2020 10:58 pm

Just beat Doom Eternal last weekend, actually. Most of my free time's been working my way through pro wrestling since I've allowed myself to get suckered into that.

Other than that, currently spending work constantly trying not to be overwhelmed. The 'rona made everything weird and different and I've had to take on a lot of new duties related to that, and while I've been passing on some old ones, that involves a lot of training, supervision, and question-answering.

Also my little sister's getting married in like a week and a half, so there's that.
Katsie
Katsie
Meandering

Thu May 28, 2020 1:16 am
DaLadybugMan wrote:Just beat Doom Eternal last weekend, actually. Most of my free time's been working my way through pro wrestling since I've allowed myself to get suckered into that.

Lucky you. Evil or Very Mad I haven't had the opportunity to neither rip nor tear in some time.

Pro wrestling is amusing. Have fun in that wacky world... I myself came to appreciate the theatricality of wrestling through the Mexican luchador circuit. ¡Arriba!

DaLadybugMan wrote:Other than that, currently spending work constantly trying not to be overwhelmed. The 'rona made everything weird and different and I've had to take on a lot of new duties related to that, and while I've been passing on some old ones, that involves a lot of training, supervision, and question-answering.

Also my little sister's getting married in like a week and a half, so there's that.

Covid really put the crunch on a lot of people. Even the cap'ns of industry weren't ready to be crunchitized. It's unfortunate, but thankfully people are made of strong stuff. Hang in there. (^._.^)ノ

Congratulations to your sister finding matrimony! My wife and I still need to have a ceremony of some sort sometime.
DaLadybugMan
DaLadybugMan
Admin

Sat May 30, 2020 2:24 pm
So how's everyone's weekend been going so far?
Wahmphi
Wahmphi
Meandering

Sat May 30, 2020 3:25 pm
DaLadybugMan wrote:So how's everyone's weekend been going so far?

Hanging out with my brother, have been playing MK, Resident Evil 1, and rewatching Avatar: The Last Airbender for the first time since high school

Holds up surprisingly well, mostly for the worldbuilding and fight choreography
DaLadybugMan
DaLadybugMan
Admin

Sat May 30, 2020 3:52 pm
I maintain that ATLA was and still is an instant classic. I really need to revisit it soon.
EvieSigma
EvieSigma
Meandering

Sat May 30, 2020 4:33 pm
My weekend has been boring but that's mostly on me for not doing something about that.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum