Midwinter Meandering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you currently watching/reading?

+14
KazumaKillyou
JanieCox
Wahmphi
Jadelynn
Pear
sky_and_sea
jaehaerys48
LakeElysia
Animecommentary
dorothyoka
Seri
Ohmygodiamonfire
EvieSigma
DaLadybugMan
18 posters
Go down
DaLadybugMan
DaLadybugMan
Admin
https://midwintermeandering.forumotion.com

What are you currently watching/reading? Empty What are you currently watching/reading?

Wed May 20, 2020 10:17 pm
What anime/manga/etc are you currently working your way through?

Right now, in terms of anime, I'm finishing up Violet Evergarden and trying to catch up on the latest season of My Hero Academia. Apart from that, pretty much everything I'd been watching or looking forward to has been delayed due to the 'Rona.

For manga, I'm working my way through Descending Stories: Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju, as well as undergoing a reread of One Piece from the beginning.

For light novels, I'm mainly focusing on Re:Zero and Baccano, and for visual novels, I'm trying to get back to Umineko, but I'm having some issues with a patch messing up my sound, so that's been halted a bit.
EvieSigma
EvieSigma
Meandering

What are you currently watching/reading? Empty Re: What are you currently watching/reading?

Wed May 20, 2020 10:25 pm
Currently uh...nothing, I haven't watched any anime since I tried to start a new show (Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry) 10 days ago. Oof.
Ohmygodiamonfire
Ohmygodiamonfire
Traveler

What are you currently watching/reading? Empty Re: What are you currently watching/reading?

Wed May 20, 2020 10:25 pm
Currently going though Infinite Stratos S2. Honestly, for as much as I dunked on it when I was younger, I'm REALLY enjoying it these days. It's weird to think about.

As for anything else, I might start Ore Wa Twintails for the hell of it afterwards. Who knows.
DaLadybugMan
DaLadybugMan
Admin

Wed May 20, 2020 10:27 pm
Ohmygodiamonfire wrote:Currently going though Infinite Stratos S2. Honestly, for as much as I dunked on it when I was younger, I'm REALLY enjoying it these days. It's weird to think about.

Really disappointed to see you're not watching the dub. My favorite thing about the show was the silly dub accents.

Ohmygodiamonfire wrote:As for anything else, I might start Ore Wa Twintails for the hell of it afterwards. Who knows.

FIRE NO
dorothyoka
dorothyoka
Admin

Wed May 20, 2020 10:28 pm
For anime, I've been rewatching Sword Art Online with my boyfriend recently, and been having fun re-experiencing a guilty pleasure of mine. I technically began watching Takagi-san season two but I really only watched a few episodes like a month ago and haven't gotten the time to watch more.

For manga, I've been slowly acquiring the Japanese volumes of Yumekui Merry and rereading that as my favourite manga series that I super wish would get localised.

For light novels, I've been reading the Monogatari series as it's once of my favourite anime and I've really been enjoying it! A friend also let me know about a Monogatari manga adaptation that apparently exists when I mentioned it to him so I might read that at some point too.

Super relate to the pandemic cancelling everything else I've been interested in; I was really looking forward to Re:Zero 2 before it was announced to be delayed. orz
EvieSigma
EvieSigma
Meandering

Wed May 20, 2020 10:31 pm
Yeah, I was really looking forward to Zombie Land Saga R but it didn't even have a start date before the pandemic and now it's probably getting delayed to 2021 or something. The 2020 anime I was most looking forward to!
Ohmygodiamonfire
Ohmygodiamonfire
Traveler

Wed May 20, 2020 10:32 pm
DaLadybugMan wrote:
Ohmygodiamonfire wrote:Currently going though Infinite Stratos S2. Honestly, for as much as I dunked on it when I was younger, I'm REALLY enjoying it these days. It's weird to think about.

Really disappointed to see you're not watching the dub. My favorite thing about the show was the silly dub accents.

Ohmygodiamonfire wrote:As for anything else, I might start Ore Wa Twintails for the hell of it afterwards. Who knows.

FIRE NO

I've actually been watching parts of the dub after finishing an episode. It's hilarious, especially Char who's almost nigh-impossible to tell what she's saying with how thick her accent can be.

And what's wrong with Twintails, other than the animation quality being garbo?
Seri
Seri
Meandering

Wed May 20, 2020 10:50 pm

As for anything else, I might start Ore Wa Twintails for the hell of it afterwards. Who knows.
I want in on Twintail, if possible, since I've been meaning to watch for years anyway!

Besides IS season 2, still need to finish my rewatch of Elfen Lied. And than maybe get back to Gabriel Dropout and Kemono Friends which I was enjoying but after 3 episodes stopped because I'm a creature of habit and if it gets interrupted, goodbye schedule!
DaLadybugMan
DaLadybugMan
Admin

Wed May 20, 2020 10:51 pm
Whyyyyyyyyyyyy would you watch Elfen Lied, don't hurt me like this, Seriiiiiii!

also wtf why won't the forum let me attach my signature
dorothyoka
dorothyoka
Admin

Wed May 20, 2020 10:53 pm
DaLadybugMan wrote:also wtf why won't the forum let me attach my signature

Somehwere in the forum settings somwhere maybe? I set mine but it hasn't been showing up either.
Animecommentary
Animecommentary
Setting Out

Wed May 20, 2020 10:54 pm
Right now, I'm watching some '80s mecha shows, specifically Baldios and Goshogun; I managed to finish Giant Gorg a couple months ago.
DaLadybugMan
DaLadybugMan
Admin

Wed May 20, 2020 10:55 pm
dorothyoka wrote:
DaLadybugMan wrote:also wtf why won't the forum let me attach my signature

Somehwere in the forum settings somwhere maybe? I set mine but it hasn't been showing up either.

I looked it up and I THINK I fixed it.

All right, that said, I'm gonna go ahead and do a huge forum throwback by whacking myself and everyone else with the TopicStickTM.
Seri
Seri
Meandering

Wed May 20, 2020 10:57 pm
DaLadybugMan wrote:Whyyyyyyyyyyyy would you watch Elfen Lied, don't hurt me like this, Seriiiiiii!
What are you currently watching/reading? 55wxmYp

Because of her.
LakeElysia
LakeElysia
Setting Out

Wed May 20, 2020 11:10 pm
Currently watching (term used loosely) Urusei Yatsura with some friends in a Discord server. It's very of its time and there are parts I don't really vibe with but when its comes to having some super fine art direction and having narrative depth and skill, it's truly a cut above.

Last edited by LakeElysia on Wed May 20, 2020 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Seri
Seri
Meandering

Wed May 20, 2020 11:11 pm
I wanted to watch the series, but it's too big a project to get into nowadays.

Saw the second movie though, which was/is widely considered the best part of the franchise though!
jaehaerys48
jaehaerys48
Setting Out

Wed May 20, 2020 11:54 pm

IS is something I do look back on fondly, I had a lot of fun watching it and utilizing it for various things over the years. I have IS 2 rated lower than s1, but I might bump up its score if I get round to rewatching it. Cecilia and Lingyin - the two least popular girls - are still my favs, naturally.

OreTwi is a pretty divisive series, it seems, but I really enjoyed it. Do try to search out the BD release, though, the broadcast animation was... rough.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recently I've been watching Cross Ange, How Not to Summon a Demon Lord, Blue Seed, Gundam Build Divers Re:Rise, and Corpse Princess on my own. I'm also following along in groupwatches of Re:Zero, Yuyushiki, and Bleach. 

In terms of literature, I finished up the first volumes of the LNs 86: Eighty Six and Altina the Sword Princess a week or so ago, and I plan on continuing both series. 86 in particular is really good. I'm not a huge manga person, but I have been following Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 3rei, Fate/type Redline, Yofukashi no Uta, and Looking up to Magical Girls.
DaLadybugMan
DaLadybugMan
Admin

Wed May 20, 2020 11:57 pm
jaehaerys48 wrote:

IS is something I do look back on fondly, I had a lot of fun watching it and utilizing it for various things over the years. I have IS 2 rated lower than s1, but I might bump up its score if I get round to rewatching it. Cecilia and Lingyin - the two least popular girls - are still my favs, naturally.

OreTwi is a pretty divisive series, it seems, but I really enjoyed it. Do try to search out the BD release, though, the broadcast animation was... rough.

There was one episode of Twintails I really liked, but otherwise I felt like it was really lackluster and...ironically, not trashy enough for my tastes.
jaehaerys48
jaehaerys48
Setting Out

Thu May 21, 2020 12:05 am
Yeah, OreTwi is silly but not nearly as "trashy" as most assume. I can see why it just misses for a lot of people, but I quite liked the characters - particularly Aika (Tail Blue) and Twoearle - which was enough for me to enjoy the show.
Ohmygodiamonfire
Ohmygodiamonfire
Traveler

Thu May 21, 2020 12:19 am
jaehaerys48 wrote:

It's funny you said Cecila's one of the least popular girls, since for years I'd assumed she was pretty high up there thanks to the amount of fanart she'd get and such.

Rin though, man. Poor girl.
jaehaerys48
jaehaerys48
Setting Out

Thu May 21, 2020 2:09 am
True, Cecilia does get a fair amount of fanart. I suppose she's more middle of the pack in terms of popularity, behind Char and Laura but ahead of Lingyin and Houki.
Ohmygodiamonfire
Ohmygodiamonfire
Traveler

Thu May 21, 2020 12:42 pm
jaehaerys48 wrote:True, Cecilia does get a fair amount of fanart. I suppose she's more middle of the pack in terms of popularity, behind Char and Laura but ahead of Lingyin and Houki.
I have yet to meet a single person that likes Houki.

In other news, the new Higuarshi anime being delayed means like, one of the few new shows I was actually planning on watching is delayed, so that sucks.
Seri
Seri
Meandering

Thu May 21, 2020 12:43 pm
Houki might not have much character popularity, but she's pushed hard enough, and back then at least got a decent amount of art. I still can't believe how badly the creator botched her push. It's like something out of pro wrestling.
Wahmphi
Wahmphi
Meandering

Thu May 21, 2020 12:49 pm
Ohmygodiamonfire wrote:In other news, the new Higuarshi anime being delayed means like, one of the few new shows I was actually planning on watching is delayed, so that sucks.

It blows. I suspect the upcoming Uzumaki adaptation may get the same treatment, which pretty much clears out the new stuff I was interested in. But hey, more time to watch completed stuff I suppose.
sky_and_sea
sky_and_sea
Setting Out

Thu May 21, 2020 1:20 pm
Currently been watching through monogatari second series and azumanga daioh with my younger bro, which has been pretty nice.
I'm not much of a manga reader, but I last left off on a volume of Beastars sometime in February.
Wahmphi
Wahmphi
Meandering

Thu May 21, 2020 5:32 pm
sky_and_sea wrote:Currently been watching through monogatari second series and azumanga daioh with my younger bro, which has been pretty nice.
I'm not much of a manga reader, but I last left off on a volume of Beastars sometime in February.

Just finished my rewatch of Second Season actually, let me know what you thought once you're finished

Dub or sub for Azumanga?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum