Midwinter Meandering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you currently playing?

+13
Katsie
KazumaKillyou
SpicyTomato
JanieCox
Jadelynn
MellowZenith
Pear
EvieSigma
sky_and_sea
Thehoennhippo
Animecommentary
dorothyoka
DaLadybugMan
17 posters
Go down
Seri
Seri
Meandering

What are you currently playing? - Page 5 Empty Re: What are you currently playing?

Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:04 am
Splatoon 3 has become my most played Switch game by a rather wide margin. Just a shame summer means the quality of teammates has plummeted.
DaLadybugMan
DaLadybugMan
Admin
https://midwintermeandering.forumotion.com

What are you currently playing? - Page 5 Empty Re: What are you currently playing?

Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:18 pm
I'm really impressed at how much of a step up Splatoon 3 was for the series. We should really play again at some point. Assuming I can get my pro controller working properly again.
Seri
Seri
Meandering

Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:44 pm
I'm amazed how like 95% of my playtime in 2 was in portable mode, where as 3 it's almost exclusively on TV with a controller.
JanieCox
JanieCox
Meandering
https://janiecox.wixsite.com/janiecox

Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:21 am
Just finished Danganronpa V2: Goodbye Despair, and holy fuck that was so much better than the first one. Kinda hate I'm a Danganronpa fan now but it was inevitable honestly. Gonna probably start V3 sometime soon but also gotta find the LNs.
Ohmygodiamonfire
Ohmygodiamonfire
Traveler

Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:46 pm
Ohmygodiamonfire wrote:
Wahmphi wrote:
Ohmygodiamonfire wrote:
Wahmphi wrote:
Ohmygodiamonfire wrote:Oh right, I've also been playing Thief 2 since I don't have a whole lot else to do on my graveyard shifts.

It's level design is honestly unmatched even 20 years later.

good man

we need more first person stealth-em-ups along those lines

at least Dishonored scratches the same itch

I like the first Dishonored, but I think I've mentioned before how it feels like the game intentionally limits you by punishing you for using a majority of your abilities. Also it's more...linear? I guess? Level design does kinda take away a bit of that feeling. Still a great game though, probably should get around to the second one of these days.

I get what you mean. It definitely feels a lot more narrow and straightforward. But hey, its as close as we're gonna get now, right?

I played a little of 2, was pretty much more of the same with slightly shinier graphics. Enjoyable enough though.

Arkane are one of the few devs keeping the immersive sim genre alive these days. I already know how you feel about Prey (2017) but its genuinely a fantastic game, name aside. Very strong System Shock and Alien: Isolation vibes. I hope their next project is in the same vein.

Honestly once I get though Deadly Shadows I'm probably gonna go dive headfirst into The Dark Mod fanproject. Because boy, does it look like the Thief community has carried on it's legacy real well.

Coming back to this and I just realized I STILL haven't finished Deadly Shadows 3 years later lmao.

Anyways I somehow started going through the Tenchu games. 1 was great, 2 was okay, and Wrath of Heaven so far is excellent.
dorothyoka
dorothyoka
Admin

Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:16 pm
Been meaning to post in this thread for a minute since I'm playing a lot at the moment!

Very recently finished getting ever achievement in Compile Heart's Fairy Fencer F (their first RPG as part of a project they call Galapagos RPG, which is where their more traditional RPGs go to live ever since their main focus shifted away from Neptunia with the release of the third game). In my quest to get every achievement in every Neptunia game I've gotten quite good at efficiently routing out the typical Compile Heart achievements so I was able to clear everything pretty quickly all things considered. My platinum here took me under 50 hours where my platinum for the first Neptunia game took me just under 70. Fun game though! It's effectively just Neptunia Victory with a different coat of paint and the main character is a proper douchebag but it thoroughly scratched the Compa RPG itch that had been slowly building up since I got every achievement in Neptunia VII. That said, that leaves a Compa-sized hole in my schedule yet again so I started the next Galapagos RPG game Omega Quintet which seems to be more of a standard turn-taking RPG. I've just started it so I don't have a full grasp over it yet but it seems every weapon has different effective "ranges" in battle where enemies will perminantly stand on a grid and when using special skills depending on exactly how powerful it is you'll have to wait X actions from enemies to get that character's turn back. Seems promising; has a few voice actors I really like in it and Compile Heart has yet to let me down.

I didn't expect those two to take up a whole essay so I'll be brief with the rest -- as has become a bit of a regular ritual for me now I'm constantly playing classic Doom maps, I picked up SMT3 not super long ago and have been liking it a lot more than I've enjoyed of Persona, after finishing my 100% of Disgaea 5 (with a whopping final time of 178 hours and 32 minutes) I decided to go back and finally properly take on a 100% of the first Disgaea game, and part of my aforementioned quest to fully clear the entire Neptunia franchise I've been playing Neptunia: Sisters vs Sisters on and off (honestly I should probably be playing it more, it's the current "I don't know why I'm not playing you more" game, it's a ton of fun and I was really looking forward to it's release literally counting down the days). I think that's everything? Hopefully, I need to start beating some of these before I pick up more.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum