Midwinter Meandering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you currently playing?

+13
Katsie
KazumaKillyou
SpicyTomato
JanieCox
Jadelynn
MellowZenith
Pear
EvieSigma
sky_and_sea
Thehoennhippo
Animecommentary
dorothyoka
DaLadybugMan
17 posters
Go down
Seri
Seri
Meandering

What are you currently playing? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you currently playing?

Sat May 30, 2020 11:04 pm
sky_and_sea wrote:
Wahmphi wrote:
Sword is what I was complaining about.

I'm aware of that. There must be some misunderstanding between us because Sordward and Shielbert are literally characters in the game.
I probably could've assumed you might not have made it that far yet, though.
Oh right, I forgot I never did the post game so I didn't get to them either!
Jadelynn
Jadelynn
Setting Out
http://hotdnd.cfw.me/

What are you currently playing? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you currently playing?

Sun May 31, 2020 4:38 am
Got some stuff on steam on sale, including freaking Darkstone, which I didn't even know Steam HAD until just before I grabbed it. Seriously, I thought it was an obscure ps1 game, albeit one I had fond memories of. Gonna be enjoying that pretty soon.
Katsie
Katsie
Meandering

Sun May 31, 2020 10:17 pm
What are you currently playing? - Page 4 5iszJ0n

But I must
EvieSigma
EvieSigma
Meandering

Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:08 pm
Finally beat Zelda Link's Awakening DX and I was continuing Oracle of Ages but I decided to start over "cheating" using one of those passwords to start the game a bit better off (four hearts, start with the sword and shield, can use another password to get all the rings, etc).
DaLadybugMan
DaLadybugMan
Admin
https://midwintermeandering.forumotion.com

Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:07 am
Are you using the password that starts you on the 2nd part of the story, or the Hero's Quest password (or whatever it's called)?

Just beat the Pokemon League in this Crystal replay, with a team of Feraligatr, Electabuzz, Piloswine, Xatu, Rapidash, and Umbreon. All Pokemon I haven't really used on a team before, save Feraligatr and maybe Umbreon.
JanieCox
JanieCox
Meandering
https://janiecox.wixsite.com/janiecox

Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:24 am
Just got a game called World of Horror for Steam. It's a pretty nice lovecraft/ junji ito inspired rpg style thing. Idk, definitley reminds me of other games I've seen but I'm not the person who should be categorizing it. Really liking it so far and the more I play the more fun it becomes
dorothyoka
dorothyoka
Admin

Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:22 pm
Recently started Disgaea 3 so that alongside my maybe kinda probably not 100% of Disgaea 2 PC I won't stop seeing everything in grids for weeks. It's pretty cute so far.
Wahmphi
Wahmphi
Meandering

Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:51 pm
JanieCox wrote:Just got a game called World of Horror for Steam. It's a pretty nice lovecraft/ junji ito inspired rpg style thing. Idk, definitley reminds me of other games I've seen but I'm not the person who should be categorizing it. Really liking it so far and the more I play the more fun it becomes

Been keeping an eye on that one, the aesthetic looks really cool. Haven't gone for it yet since I try not to buy early access games any more, but once it gets a full release I'll be all over it. Would love to see more things ape Junji Ito in general, honestly.
EvieSigma
EvieSigma
Meandering

Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:47 pm
DaLadybugMan wrote:Are you using the password that starts you on the 2nd part of the story, or the Hero's Quest password (or whatever it's called)?

Just beat the Pokemon League in this Crystal replay, with a team of Feraligatr, Electabuzz, Piloswine, Xatu, Rapidash, and Umbreon. All Pokemon I haven't really used on a team before, save Feraligatr and maybe Umbreon.

Yeah, you start out with the game thinking you beat the other Oracle game already (I'm playing Ages so the game thinks I beat Seasons). Very handy stuff since you can then use another password in-game to get all the ring items.
DaLadybugMan
DaLadybugMan
Admin

Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:07 pm
EvieSigma wrote:
DaLadybugMan wrote:Are you using the password that starts you on the 2nd part of the story, or the Hero's Quest password (or whatever it's called)?

Yeah, you start out with the game thinking you beat the other Oracle game already (I'm playing Ages so the game thinks I beat Seasons). Very handy stuff since you can then use another password in-game to get all the ring items.

While you're free to do you, I'm kind of against that as it kind of gives away a third act twist and half the fun is being able to interact between the two games. But I get that that also requires playing both games.
EvieSigma
EvieSigma
Meandering

Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:51 pm
DaLadybugMan wrote:
EvieSigma wrote:

While you're free to do you, I'm kind of against that as it kind of gives away a third act twist and half the fun is being able to interact between the two games. But I get that that also requires playing both games.

Yeah, it's a lot of work to play through all of Seasons just to start Ages off with a slight advantage.
Ohmygodiamonfire
Ohmygodiamonfire
Traveler

Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:21 pm
Replaying Payday 2 for the first time in awhile and boy do I wish I had a crew to constantly play that game with. It's loads of fun, even with just random pubbies.
Jadelynn
Jadelynn
Setting Out
http://hotdnd.cfw.me/

Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:45 am
Funnily enough, I tried playing Payday 2 for the first time ever the other day on a friends ps3 . . . they didn't realize it was a one hour timed trial because PSNow is dumb, so I didn't get to do too much, barely figured out the game and did a couple missions. Was pretty fun.

I have Payday 2 on steam thanks to a giveaway, but my computer is kinda wimpy and I'm not sure if it can run it well enough to do online play
Seri
Seri
Meandering

Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:33 am
Ohmygodiamonfire wrote:Replaying Payday 2 for the first time in awhile and boy do I wish I had a crew to constantly play that game with. It's loads of fun, even with just random pubbies.
I'd love to play with you, but only ever finished the tutorial and never played actual games of it because I was worried about bringing the team down!
Katsie
Katsie
Meandering

Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:37 pm
Last weekend, I played Animal Crossing with my friend's family. It was lovely! I even managed to score a few oranges (forbidden fruit). Wink
Seri
Seri
Meandering

Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:14 am
Got Dead or Alive 6 on a whim because it was $10. Sad thing is by playing 4 hours of it already that probably will make it my second most played game of the year behind Friday the 13th.
Ohmygodiamonfire
Ohmygodiamonfire
Traveler

Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:18 pm
Started playing Dusk recently, and GOD is it just such a good shooter on every front. But man, more than anything else, I just love the horror atmosphere portrayed in it, especially since the first ep took inspiration from the rural Pennsylvanian countryside.

Also fuck the Wendigos. Goddamn spooky assholes.
DaLadybugMan
DaLadybugMan
Admin

Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:37 pm
Ohmygodiamonfire wrote:Started playing Dusk recently, and GOD is it just such a good shooter on every front. But man, more than anything else, I just love the horror atmosphere portrayed in it, especially since the first ep took inspiration from the rural Pennsylvanian countryside.

Also fuck the Wendigos. Goddamn spooky assholes.

LOATHE the Wendigos. By which I mean I love them. Fighting invisible enemies is always such a horrible, amazing rush.
Seri
Seri
Meandering

Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:45 pm
Maneater is great, I kinda love the fact that the game is more set-up for playing a little bit at a time rather than something you sit and play for hours. Makes it a lot easier to pop in and play a bit instead of never touching it outside of every couple weeks or less on my days off. Also glad due to the open world nature it gives you plenty of time to get used to the controls before thrusting you into unwinnable missions unless you mastered them.
Wahmphi
Wahmphi
Meandering

Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:41 pm
Seri wrote:Maneater is great, I kinda love the fact that the game is more set-up for playing a little bit at a time rather than something you sit and play for hours. Makes it a lot easier to pop in and play a bit instead of never touching it outside of every couple weeks or less on my days off. Also glad due to the open world nature it gives you plenty of time to get used to the controls before thrusting you into unwinnable missions unless you mastered them.

that's that Jaws Unleashed spiritual successor, right? Tripwire has a solid track record for multiplayer, glad to hear they can do singleplayer too.
Ohmygodiamonfire
Ohmygodiamonfire
Traveler

Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:37 pm
What are you currently playing? - Page 4 XT4HhaM
THANKS DUSK I HATE IT
Seri
Seri
Meandering

Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:24 pm
Wahmphi wrote:
Seri wrote:Maneater is great, I kinda love the fact that the game is more set-up for playing a little bit at a time rather than something you sit and play for hours. Makes it a lot easier to pop in and play a bit instead of never touching it outside of every couple weeks or less on my days off. Also glad due to the open world nature it gives you plenty of time to get used to the controls before thrusting you into unwinnable missions unless you mastered them.

that's that Jaws Unleashed spiritual successor, right?
More or less! Had been tempted by the Jaws game on Wii since a retro game store has it, but this really feels more enjoyable than I imagine that would have! Especially since I don't know where the Wii sensor bar is.
barbaricyawp
barbaricyawp
Setting Out

Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:32 pm
Been really digging into Slay the Spire, and it's as addictive as everyone says. I just got to the Heart battle for the first time, and it wrecked a deck that I thought was pretty good. Much still left to do...
Ohmygodiamonfire
Ohmygodiamonfire
Traveler

Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:25 am
Dusk EP 3 has just been an amazing rollercoaster of fantastic level and encounter design I've seen in a long, long time. Like words can not describe how well crafted it is in those aspects.
EvieSigma
EvieSigma
Meandering

Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:19 pm
I'm thinking of dusting off my Switch and playing something but...I can't decide what. I was at the final story boss in Super Mario Odyssey, and I have several other games as well...
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum